Wednesday, August 20, 2008

For The First Time In A Long Time...

I can say that I want to try... to get back in to shape.

YESTERDAY'S RUNNING RECORD: Even If It Kills Me

I ran 5 miles yesterday. I haven't had the motivation to run in a few weeks. But I hate feeling indolent. I did 1.5 miles up the bike path, then a mile in to Colt State Park. Then back. It felt really good. My quadriceps are killing me today. But it's a good hurt. I eat well 95% of the time, but I've never had that whole "desire to get in to shape" or "motivation to exercise" thing going for me. But it feels good. I'm going to try to keep it up even though I almost always fall back on the excuse "I don't have enough time." Malarkey. I ran for 45 minutes and still had time to do everything I wanted to last night.

In fact, after I got finished, I went back out to my "front yard" and messed around with Jen's camera for a while. I'm trying to learn all about shutter speeds and apertures and exposure times... It's kind of a process, but it's something I'd like to improve upon. We'll see how it goes - one picture at a time.

full photostream on my FLICKR


No comments: