Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Better Be Prepared...

I start school in two weeks. Well, two weeks and a day. I can't say I'm nervous or excited... it's a feeling I can't really find an appropriate adjective for. I've thought about going back for years now, but I've always found an excuse to put it off. But now here I am, two weeks away, and I kind of feel the way I did before I took the stage at Warped Tour or Lupo's for the first time - a sorted mix of excitement, confidence, and happiness with a touch of unwarranted insecurity.

Let's chalk it up to nerves.

I bought a MacBook this weekend. I love it. At the same time, I bought Jen an iPod touch. SUPER JEALZ. It makes my iPod look lame. I'll deal.

Next up is the purchasing of the books. NOT looking forward to it. Nor is my wallet.

The new Valencia record is streaming on their MySpace. I'm on my second listen this morning. There shall be several more. It's been a long time since I've been excited about a new record. (Probably since Chase This Light last fall.) Music has sucked so bad lately. It feels good to be psyched about something new.

No comments: