Tuesday, August 26, 2008

All I Wanna Do Is Drink Beer For Breakfast

A few months ago, I submitted out electronic press kit to a contest Harpoon Brewery was sponsoring. It's called the "UFO Unfiltered Band Search," and it's basically a competition to fine the top unsigned band in the northeast that best exemplifies the Harpoon brand. The initial reason I submitted for it was because every band who signed up, provided that all members were over the age of 21, received a free case of UFO Hefeweizen, which I happen to be a huge, huge fan of. It cost $10 to submit, and a case of UFO costs, oh $22.99, so I determined that it was a pretty good deal regardless of the outcome.

But that was months ago. In fact, I had completely forgotten about it until last Thursday. That's when I received an e-mail in my inbox from Sonicbids saying that my submission status for this event had been updated. So I logged in and checked our status. Lo and behold, we had been selected as a finalist for the competition! So that was pretty exciting. I browsed my way over to the competition website to see what the grand prizes were: a slot playing at the Harpoon's Summer Session 2009, a day in a recording studio, a one year feature on the UFO site, and a free mp3 download hosted on the Harpoon site. Pretty cool stuff.

Then, I scrolled down to read the paragraph below the grand prizes. It read as follows:

Each of the 10 finalists will be featured for one month on www.UFOHefeweizen.com as a UFO “Band of the Month” and will receive a UFO gift package, and a one-year supply of UFO Hefeweizen.

Wait, what? Yep. We done won ourselves a year's worth of free beer. For someone who loves beer as much as I do, that's like a fat kid winning free cheeseburgers for a year. I am stoked x100!

Voting opened yesterday at noon and runs through September 12th. Go to www.harpoon.com and click on the big yellow button halfway down the page on the right. 


3 comments:

jessica maria said...

That's awesome! Totes voted!! :)

everyonelistens said...

Awesome, thanks!

PS - how excited are you for MCS/NFG/FYS/yo birthday weekend of awesome?!?

jessica maria said...

um SO STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@(#*%&DS*VDS*(FS^DF&