Tuesday, October 16, 2007

You could be mine, but you're way outta line.

I just found out today that Slash from Guns N' Roses/Velvet Revolver will be taking a page from the Axl Rose book and penning his own autobiography. (Whoa bad pun totally not intended). Anyway, I stumbled across an excerpt from it. When I started reading, I was all "okay, this is kinda like the Motley Crue book, which I enjoyed, so I'll keep reading." Here's a very small excerpt:

"I should have been drawing the little demon men that I could never quite see or seem to capture on film - believe me, I tried. As soon as I started to speedball regularly, those little guys were everywhere. They were small, wiry, translucent characters that I saw from afar until eventually they'd crawl up my jacket whenever I got high. I wanted to get to know them in a way; as I lay on the floor, waiting for my heart rate to relax, I'd watch the little Cirque du Soleil show that those guys would put on all over the room. I often thought about waking Megan up so that she could check it out. I even took pictures of them in the mirror when I found them perched on my shoulder and in my hair. I started to talk about them and see them so clearly that I even freaked out my drug dealer. On the rare occasion when I'd leave the house to score my drugs, I'd usually shoot up right away at his place and then start seeing those little guys crawling up my arm.

'Hey, do you see that?' I'd ask, extending my arm. 'You see that little guy, right? He's right there.'

My dealer would just stare at me expressionless. This guy was a drug dealer who was pretty used to strange junkie behaviour. 'You'd better go, man,' he say. 'You're way too out there. You should go home.' Apparently I was bad for business."


Yeah. And it then it gets more interesting.

Read the rest of the excerpt here.


1 comment:

jessica maria said...

Dude, I just read that and it almost made me BUG OUT. The predators! Traci Lords...lolz.